Breaking: 100 Nigerians Killed In Fresh Attack, Presidency Finally Speaks On Buhari’s Worrisome Absence At Late COAS’ Burial | MadNaija Breaking: 100 Nigerians Killed In Fresh Attack, Presidency Finally Speaks On Buhari’s Worrisome Absence At Late COAS’ Burial | MadNaija
News

Breaking: 100 Nigerians Killed In Fresh Attack, Presidency Finally Speaks On Buhari’s Worrisome Absence At Late COAS’ Burial

JUST IN: ‘100 Killed In Fresh Attack On Benue Villages’

DOWNLOAD AUDIO

At least, 100 people have been killed in four council wards of Kastina-Ala Local Government Area of Benue State at the weekend after gunmen unleashed terror on communities. Daily Trust gathered that over 100 dead bodies have been recovered from many villages in the four council wards where the gunmen attacked simultaneously between Saturday and Sunday.

A spokesman of the Kastina-Ala council chairman, Tertsea Benga, alleged that the gunmen stormed several communities in the Mbayongo council ward in Katsina-Ala LGA about noon on Saturday and burnt down houses.

He listed the initially affected villages to include Vingir, Tse Nyipila and Tse Guji all in Mbayongo ward, adding that the attackers proceeded to Kenvanger in Mbatyula council ward on Sunday afternoon. Most of the corpses were recovered from the bush. Benga further recalled that half of the communities in one of the affected locality, Yooyo council ward in the same Katsina Ala LGA, had earlier been sacked by the alleged armed invaders who killed many people then and in the latest invasion.

Confirming the incident, the Chairman of Kastina-Ala LGA, Alfred Atera, said that over 100 people have been killed within the weekend in the four council wards of Mbayongo, Yooyo, Utange and Mbatyula/Mberev in a coordinated attack. Atera blamed the attack on the collaboration between suspected armed herders and ‘Gana boys’ [loyalists of the slain Benue’s wanted criminal kingpin, Terwase Akwaza, popularly known as ‘Gana’], adding that security personnel, though doing their best, were however overwhelmed.

“More than 100 people have been killed in different places.

“They [attackers] are killing and dropping as they are going on their way. Some people were able to claim the corpses for burial.

“I told the military that the attackers have developed a strategy; they are not attacking one place.

“If they attack a place now, the next thing you hear is that they are in Yooyo and at the same time they are attacking Utange, so the military is going here and there.

“There is no military connivance, but I’m suspecting the existence of bandits here and I think they are trying to win cheap popularity,” Atera said.

Meanwhile, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) for Benue Command, DSP Catherine Anene, has not responded to calls or text messages as of the time of filing this report.

Source: Dailytrust

Presidency finally gives reason for Buhari’s absence at late COAS Attahiru’s Burial

The Nigerian Presidency has finally given reasons for President Muhammadu Buhari’s absence at the Funeral Ceremony of Late Chief of Army Staff, Ibrahim Attahiru and 10 others in Abuja on Saturday, May 22nd.

According to the Presidency, Mr Buhari needed at least 48 hours clearance before he would depart Presidential Villa to any event. Presidential spokesperson, Lauretta Onochie wrote on her social media page;

“For a President to be at any funeral or event outside the Presidential Villa, the event must have at least 48 hours for intelligence operatives to do surveillance and clearance before the President can go based on the Security report.”

“In a case where the COAS and his team died yesterday and had to be buried today, you don’t expect the President to go there where there is no security clearance.”

“The minimum time of 48 hours wasn’t met. In insecurity parlance, funeral ceremonies are where politically exposed persons face more risks.”

Source: Politics Nigeria

ALSO SEE:  Video: Sunday Igboho Jumps Over The Fence As Ewi Of Ado-Ekiti Refuses Entrance Into The Palace

About the author

Madnaija

Leave a Reply