JUST IN! Court Fixed Date To Hear Out Suit Challenging Funke Akindele’s Conviction
Funke Akindele-Bello was arrested and sentenced by the Lagos state police command over the home get together hosted in her home to have a good time her husband’s birthday.
It has been reported that the Federal High Court docket in Lagos will on July 10 hear the go well with asking it to quash the conviction and sentencing of Nollywood actress, Funke Akindele; her husband, Abdul-Rasheed Bello; and 236 others arrested, pursuant to the Lagos State Infectious Ailments (Emergency Prevention) Rules 2020.
Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu had signed the prevention invoice in March in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
Funke Akindele-Bello was arrested and sentenced by the Lagos state police command over the home get together hosted in her home to have a good time her husband’s birthday on Saturday at their Amen Property residence.
Nevertheless, the plaintiff within the go well with, Olukoya Ogungbeje, desires the courtroom to declare that the legislation is inconsistent with provisions of Chapter IV of the 1999 Structure regarding basic human rights.
Mr Ogungbeje instructed the courtroom that he had an obligation “to protect and defend the sanctity of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria from any contravention or infraction.”
He urged the courtroom to declare that “the purported arrest, arraignment, trial, conviction and sentencing of persons/Nigerian citizens under the Lagos State Infectious Diseases (Emergency Prevention) Regulations 2020 for an alleged offence unknown to law and violation of same, which cannot be grounds for criminal liability is a nullity.”
He additionally urged the courtroom to carry that by advantage of the Court docket of Enchantment’s pronouncement within the case of Religion Okafor vs Lagos State Govt. and ANOR on November 4, 2016, “a directive issued by a governor is not a law and violation of same cannot result in criminal liability.”
Justice Maureen Onyetenu adjourned to listen to the go well with on July 10.
- SEX ABUSE!! See What This Grown Up Lady Makes 4-Year-Old Boy Do To Her (18+ VIDEO)
- “One Left [email protected]”- See How a Married Woman Beat Up A Girl For Dating Her Husband Secretly (Video)
- “This is Total Madness”-Meet the Woman that Fell In Love With her Rug and She Married It
- I stabbed my husband to death, because he was trying to sleep with me, I did not know sex is marital duty I must do with my husband- 18 years old girl confessed
- I’m 35 years old, I discovered that my long time best friend was dating my wife- man cry out
- “I Want To Be With Him For The Rest Of My Life” – Mother dating her 19-year-old son says (video)
- “I Wasn’t Dating You, You Were The One Dating Me” – Lady Rejects Proposal From A Man After 7 Years.
- 110k Weekly For Someone Ready To Marry Me – Nigerians Guys Please Note
- Monalisa Reveals To Nigerian How to Enhance Their Massive Boobs To Make Them Bigger
- Lady Cries Out As She Narrated How Her Father’s Brother R*ped Her Constantly For Six Years