Marwin Olawale Akinlabi on Sunday night, September 20, recorded his name in the history books as the first player of Nigerian descent to play for Real Madrid in topflight match.
The 20-year-old came on as a substitute in the 70th minute for Real Madrid in their Spanish La Liga tough 0-0 encounter with Real Sociedad.
Real Madrid who are the reigning champions of Spain did not start the defense of their title on a good note as they failed to register any goal or victory.
In the history of Los Blancos, no Nigerian has ever played for the side unlike other big clubs in Europe where Nigerians have played.
VOICE AIR MEDIA confirmed that Marwin Olawale Akinlabi was actually born in Spain and the Real Madrid star has a Nigerian father and a Korean mother.
He represented the Spain U19 team once in a friendly 3–0 loss against Italy U19 on January 16, 2019, in a tough battle.
Akinlabi started his football career at Ciutat de Palma in the year 2006 and was at the club for three years before he left for Tranmere Rovers.
The attacking midfielder joined Real Madrid youth team in 2016 before graduating to the senior team under manager Zinedine Zidane.
Meanwhile, the Nigerian Football Federation may now be looking for how they would make Akinlabi to play for the Super Eagles.
Earlier, VOICE AIR MEDIA had reported how the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) on Sunday, September 20, 2020 unveiled the new kit that will be used by the Super Eagles and the Super Falcons for the year 2020 to 2022.
- SEX ABUSE!! See What This Grown Up Lady Makes 4-Year-Old Boy Do To Her (18+ VIDEO)
- “One Left [email protected]”- See How a Married Woman Beat Up A Girl For Dating Her Husband Secretly (Video)
- “This is Total Madness”-Meet the Woman that Fell In Love With her Rug and She Married It
- I stabbed my husband to death, because he was trying to sleep with me, I did not know sex is marital duty I must do with my husband- 18 years old girl confessed
- I’m 35 years old, I discovered that my long time best friend was dating my wife- man cry out
- “I Want To Be With Him For The Rest Of My Life” – Mother dating her 19-year-old son says (video)
- “I Wasn’t Dating You, You Were The One Dating Me” – Lady Rejects Proposal From A Man After 7 Years.
- 110k Weekly For Someone Ready To Marry Me – Nigerians Guys Please Note
- Monalisa Reveals To Nigerian How to Enhance Their Massive Boobs To Make Them Bigger
- Lady Cries Out As She Narrated How Her Father’s Brother R*ped Her Constantly For Six Years