BREAKING! Why I Decided To Suspend EFCC Acting Chairman, Ibrahim Magu – Buhari
Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari has broken his silence on the decision to suspend acting EFCC chairman, Ibrahim Magu.
Muhammadu Buhari and Ibrahim Magu
President Muhammadu Buhari has given sufficient reason why he decided to suspend the embattled Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Ibrahim Magu.
He made his feelings known in a statement by Garba Shehu, his senior special assistant on media and publicity, Mr. Buhari on Saturday.
Read the full press statement below:
PRESIDENCY STATEMENT ON THE SUSPENSION OF MR. IBRAHIM MAGU
A series of documented allegations were made against the Ag. Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC). Following a preliminary review of the allegations leveled against the Ag. Chairman and several other members of his staff, there were grounds for a detailed investigation to be conducted.
Hence, an investigative panel was constituted in compliance with the extant laws governing the convening of such a body.
As is the proper procedure, when allegations are made against the Chief Executive of an institution, and in this case an institution that ought to be seen as beyond reproach, the Chief Executive has to step down from his post and allow for a transparent and unhindered investigation.
The EFCC does not revolve around the personality of an individual, and as such cannot be seen through the prism of any individual.
Therefore, the suspension of Mr. Ibrahim Magu, allows the institution to continue carrying out its mandate without the cloud of an investigation hanging over its head.
The EFCC has many good, hardworking men and women who are committed to its ideal and ensuring that the wealth of our country isn’t plundered and wherein there is an act of misappropriation such person(s) are brought to justice.
Meanwhile, Mr. Magu is being availed of the opportunity to defend himself and answer the allegations against him. This is how it should be, as is the fact that under the Laws of Nigeria every citizen is presumed and remains innocent until proven guilty.
We must realize that the fight against corruption is not a static event, but a dynamic and ever-evolving process, in which the EFCC is just one actor; and as we continue to work towards improving our democratic process so shall every institution of ours also embark on that journey of evolution.
What is however important is that there must be accountability and transparency and our people must realize that they would be held to account. This is the building block in the fight against corruption, the establishment of the concept of Accountability, and the recognition of the Rule of Law.
Those who see Mr. Magu’s investigation, as a signal that the fight against corruption is failing, have, unfortunately, missed the boat.
There is no better indication that the fight is real and active than the will to investigate allegations openly and transparently against those who have been charged to be custodians of this very system.
Under this President and Government, this is our mantra and guiding principle. There are no sacred cows, and for those who think they have a halo over their heads, their days are also numbered.
Mr. Magu was not immune – and regardless of the obvious embarrassment that potential acts of wrongdoing by him, given the office he held, may appear for the government.
No other administration in the history of Nigeria would have moved to bring into the light and public domain such an allegation.
Senior Special Assistant to the President
(Media & Publicity)
July 11, 2020
- SEX ABUSE!! See What This Grown Up Lady Makes 4-Year-Old Boy Do To Her (18+ VIDEO)
- “One Left [email protected]”- See How a Married Woman Beat Up A Girl For Dating Her Husband Secretly (Video)
- “This is Total Madness”-Meet the Woman that Fell In Love With her Rug and She Married It
- I stabbed my husband to death, because he was trying to sleep with me, I did not know sex is marital duty I must do with my husband- 18 years old girl confessed
- I’m 35 years old, I discovered that my long time best friend was dating my wife- man cry out
- “I Want To Be With Him For The Rest Of My Life” – Mother dating her 19-year-old son says (video)
- “I Wasn’t Dating You, You Were The One Dating Me” – Lady Rejects Proposal From A Man After 7 Years.
- 110k Weekly For Someone Ready To Marry Me – Nigerians Guys Please Note
- Monalisa Reveals To Nigerian How to Enhance Their Massive Boobs To Make Them Bigger
- Lady Cries Out As She Narrated How Her Father’s Brother R*ped Her Constantly For Six Years