BREAKING NEWS! 2020 School Year Has Been Extended. See New Dates
The national Department of Basic Education has announced its decision to amend the annual education calendar due to the Corona crisis.
A statement from the department said that the schools would reopen on August 24, with a one-week leave on October 26 and return on the 30th of the same month.
The statement said the purpose of the weekly leave was to separate the terms of the year.
Thereafter it will be going on until closing on December 15, 2020. The matric exams are expected to be completed by December 15 and marking will begin until January 23, for the results to be released on February 23, 2021.
As the decision was announced, schools were closed after complaints about the spread of the Coronavirus in schools.
The decision to close the schools was announced by President Cyril Ramaphosa.
The statement said the decision to extend the education calendar amendment was taken after consultation with all stakeholders.
It is learned that the Minister of Basic Education, Angie Motshekga, will issue a directive soon, outlining how it will be done.
The issue of schools has been in the news in the country, with people splitting up, with some calling for the closure of schools next year, and others saying education is important.
- SEX ABUSE!! See What This Grown Up Lady Makes 4-Year-Old Boy Do To Her (18+ VIDEO)
- “One Left [email protected]”- See How a Married Woman Beat Up A Girl For Dating Her Husband Secretly (Video)
- “This is Total Madness”-Meet the Woman that Fell In Love With her Rug and She Married It
- I stabbed my husband to death, because he was trying to sleep with me, I did not know sex is marital duty I must do with my husband- 18 years old girl confessed
- I’m 35 years old, I discovered that my long time best friend was dating my wife- man cry out
- “I Want To Be With Him For The Rest Of My Life” – Mother dating her 19-year-old son says (video)
- “I Wasn’t Dating You, You Were The One Dating Me” – Lady Rejects Proposal From A Man After 7 Years.
- 110k Weekly For Someone Ready To Marry Me – Nigerians Guys Please Note
- Monalisa Reveals To Nigerian How to Enhance Their Massive Boobs To Make Them Bigger
- Lady Cries Out As She Narrated How Her Father’s Brother R*ped Her Constantly For Six Years