Surulere area of Lagos became an eyesore on Saturday after heaps of garbage took over a large part of the community.
Garbage has taken over Surulere area of Lagos state
Residents of Surulere in Lagos on Saturday evening expressed disappointment with the government after garbage took over large parts of the community.
The crazy scene happened after a heavy downpour.
The residents raised alarm over government’s neglect of the area for too long which has left them with environmental disaster.
While some Twitter users called out the Lagos state government over an alleged poor drainage and poor waste disposal system in the community, others lashed out at residents of the area for turning all the drainage system to dustbin.
See some reactions on social media:
*** This is not sanwolu’s fault. The government is fucked up. But we the people are more fucked up. Sanwolu didn’t drink Pepsi and throw the plastic on the floor. Sanwolu didn’t drink pure water and throw the nylon from his car window. We should be responsible for our actions too.
*** Lagosians should accept part responsibility for the mess they cause too, read up on Japan’s environmental culture , where no public trash Cans and the water in the gutter after a storm is decent enough you could filter and drink
*** Omg i was about to talk about japan. Those people have hygiene in their culture, thier culture means hygiene. But we africans our culture is dirtiness
*** Imagine blaming Sanwoolu for this. I wonder when we’ll ever start telling ourselves the truth
*** When you finished drinking water and dropped the empty bottle in the drainage systems or throug your car window, you want sanwoolu to help you to put it at the appropriate place, abi? Ori yin ti o pe yen, gbogbo wa la jo ma suffer e, set awon educated-illitrate.
- SEX ABUSE!! See What This Grown Up Lady Makes 4-Year-Old Boy Do To Her (18+ VIDEO)
- “One Left [email protected]”- See How a Married Woman Beat Up A Girl For Dating Her Husband Secretly (Video)
- “This is Total Madness”-Meet the Woman that Fell In Love With her Rug and She Married It
- I stabbed my husband to death, because he was trying to sleep with me, I did not know sex is marital duty I must do with my husband- 18 years old girl confessed
- I’m 35 years old, I discovered that my long time best friend was dating my wife- man cry out
- “I Want To Be With Him For The Rest Of My Life” – Mother dating her 19-year-old son says (video)
- “I Wasn’t Dating You, You Were The One Dating Me” – Lady Rejects Proposal From A Man After 7 Years.
- 110k Weekly For Someone Ready To Marry Me – Nigerians Guys Please Note
- Monalisa Reveals To Nigerian How to Enhance Their Massive Boobs To Make Them Bigger
- Lady Cries Out As She Narrated How Her Father’s Brother R*ped Her Constantly For Six Years