One of the major concepts that students of Political Science grappled within the early 2000s was that of Godfatherism especially after Chris Ngige and Chris Ubah imbroglio that led to the siege on Anambra State Government House in Awka.
Since then, the term “Godfatherism” has been a recurring lingo in the political lexicon of our country. So much so that we in the 2019 general elections, major upsets were made, significantly in Kogi State.
Everyone expected Bukola Saraki to return to the Senate but that was not the case. Why? His sister Gbemi had started a revolution, a mass movement tagged “O to gẹ” a phrase in Yoruba meaning, “it is enough”.
.As Edo people celebrate the triumph Governor Godwin Obaseki for another four years term in office as Governor, one new political slang that entered the Nigerian Political lexicon is “Ogbane” a Bini word for “It is finished”.
It was this movement that swept across Edo state, drawing young people to his cause – to rid Edo state of Godfatherism. This slang grew into a movement and soon enough, it became a household name among Edo people alongside “Torgbah” meaning “it must complete”, alluding to Adams Oshomole role as the Godfather of Edo politics.
Like Kogi’s Otoge, is Ogbane the new movement that will lead to the dismantling of Godfatherism in Nigeria?
Could this be the end of Adams Oshomole’s political career? Has the Political Lizard succeeded in toppling the Political Lion?
What do you think?
- SEX ABUSE!! See What This Grown Up Lady Makes 4-Year-Old Boy Do To Her (18+ VIDEO)
- “One Left [email protected]”- See How a Married Woman Beat Up A Girl For Dating Her Husband Secretly (Video)
- “This is Total Madness”-Meet the Woman that Fell In Love With her Rug and She Married It
- I stabbed my husband to death, because he was trying to sleep with me, I did not know sex is marital duty I must do with my husband- 18 years old girl confessed
- I’m 35 years old, I discovered that my long time best friend was dating my wife- man cry out
- “I Want To Be With Him For The Rest Of My Life” – Mother dating her 19-year-old son says (video)
- “I Wasn’t Dating You, You Were The One Dating Me” – Lady Rejects Proposal From A Man After 7 Years.
- 110k Weekly For Someone Ready To Marry Me – Nigerians Guys Please Note
- Monalisa Reveals To Nigerian How to Enhance Their Massive Boobs To Make Them Bigger
- Lady Cries Out As She Narrated How Her Father’s Brother R*ped Her Constantly For Six Years