FG To Reopen Schools Partially For Students To Write WASSCE – Check Date
Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari has been urged to reopen schools across the nation.
House of Representatives
The House of Representatives has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to order a partial reopening of schools to allow pupils to sit for the 2020 West African Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination.
According to Punch, the House made the call at the plenary on Tuesday following a unanimous adoption of a motion moved by a member, Nnolim Nnaji.
The Committee on Basic Education and Services had earlier on Friday faulted the decision by the Federal Government to suspend the plan to partially reopen schools for pupils in final classes to take external examinations.
The committee had particularly criticized the decision to disallow Nigerian pupils from sitting for WASSCE to be conducted by the West African Examination Council for the 2019/2020 academic session.
Schools at all levels have been shut since March due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 had earlier in June said the Federal Government, in what is called “safe reopening of schools,” had approved the resumption of pupils in graduating classes, including Primary 6, Junior Secondary School 3 and the Senior Secondary School 3.
In approving the resumption of graduating classes, the government said water must be provided in schools for hand-washing and both pupils and teachers must wear face masks while observing social distancing.
Later, the Minister of State for Education, Emeka Nwajiuba, had during the press briefing by the PTF announced that the 2020 WASSCE would hold between August 4 and September 5.
But the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, at the end of a meeting of the Federal Executive Council, presided over by the President last Wednesday said all federal schools would remain closed until it was safe to reopen them.
Adamu also urged state governments that had announced schools’ resumption plans to rescind such.
The minister stated that WAEC could not determine the resumption date of schools for Nigeria. He alleged that the council announced the date of examination while the government was still consulting stakeholders on what to do.
- Just For Money; Man Video Himself Having S3x With A Tortoise For Money Ritual
- SHS Graduate Couple Chopping Love After Passing Wassce With Good Grades (Video)
- South African Teacher Caught Chopping Teen Student In Viral Video
- Viral Whatsapp Video Of Lady Sleeping And The Shocking Discovery Made By Her Male ‘Friend’
- HOOK UP: I Want A Man That Can Have #Intercourse With Me three Or 10 Instances, See My Contact
- Men Don’t Be Deceived, See What Some Ladies Wear Under Their Clothes
- “Trust No One”-I Noticed my Daughter Take Longer Time in Bathroom, See what I Caught Her Doing
- “One Left [email protected]”- See How a Married Woman Beat Up A Girl For Dating Her Husband Secretly (Video)
- Married Nigerian Man Collapse and nearly Died during Marathon Sex with a Calabar woman inside his hotel room (video)