Edo state newly reelected governor, Godwin Obaseki, has extended hands of companionship to the members of the opposition parties including the All Progressives Congress (APC).
Obaseki stated that the time of election is over and the next thing henceforth is for the opposition members and his former benefactors to join him in moving Edo forward.
Speaking on Tuesday, September 22, while being presented with his returning certificate alongside his deputy Philips Shaibu, Obaseki called on his former mentor and godfather Adams Oshiomhole and the candidate of APC in the Saturday, September 19 poll to join the moving train.
Speaking in an exclusive interview with BBC on Sunday, September 20, after being declared the winner of the keenly contested election, the governor told Ize-Iyamu that the people have decided and it was high time he moved on. Obaseki comfortably sailed to the shore of victory and was declared winner, having met all requirements by polling 307,955 and winning 13 out of the 18 local government areas in Edo state.
Also speaking on Tuesday at the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) office in Benin, Obaseki thanked President Muhammadu Buhari for protecting the principle of democracy.
The governor also told Oshiomhole to join him build what he was part of its foundation.
“I use this opportunity to extend the hands of fellowship to my brother, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, and his other colleagues in the APC as well as other parties to join hands with us to move Edo forward.
“I call on Adams Oshiomhole that the fight is over and he should come and join in building the house which he was part of, in laying the foundation. We have no malice, but only disagree on the approach in moving Edo forward,” the governor said.
- SEX ABUSE!! See What This Grown Up Lady Makes 4-Year-Old Boy Do To Her (18+ VIDEO)
- “One Left [email protected]”- See How a Married Woman Beat Up A Girl For Dating Her Husband Secretly (Video)
- “This is Total Madness”-Meet the Woman that Fell In Love With her Rug and She Married It
- I stabbed my husband to death, because he was trying to sleep with me, I did not know sex is marital duty I must do with my husband- 18 years old girl confessed
- I’m 35 years old, I discovered that my long time best friend was dating my wife- man cry out
- “I Want To Be With Him For The Rest Of My Life” – Mother dating her 19-year-old son says (video)
- “I Wasn’t Dating You, You Were The One Dating Me” – Lady Rejects Proposal From A Man After 7 Years.
- 110k Weekly For Someone Ready To Marry Me – Nigerians Guys Please Note
- Monalisa Reveals To Nigerian How to Enhance Their Massive Boobs To Make Them Bigger
- Lady Cries Out As She Narrated How Her Father’s Brother R*ped Her Constantly For Six Years