Jonathan has accepted the apology of Aminu Shagari, who worked against him during the run-up to the 2015 presidential election.
Aminu had recently tendered a public apology to the former president, asking for his forgiveness over the role he played in 2015 that saw President Muhammadu Buhari defeat Jonathan in the presidential election of that year.
“Let me use this opportunity to tender a public apology to former President Jonathan and seek forgiveness because I helped to divide the Peoples Democratic Party and bring down his government, but, I have found out that what we thought about his stewardship was not entirely true.
“I expect President Buhari to also ask for forgiveness having found out that most of the things he accused my dad’s and President Jonathan’s administrations of are not true,” Aminu had said.
Replying in a post on his Facebook page, Jonathan thanked Aminu for the apology, saying he never took offense because his firm belief was that he was a pencil in the hand of God.
Noting that he had no enemies to fight because of his confidence that people could only do to him what God permitted, Jonathan urged Aminu to continue to emulate the humility of his father, a most detribalized Nigerian.
“Therefore, I have no enemies to fight, because of my confidence that people can only do to me what God permits. I urge you to continue to emulate the humility of your father, the late President Shehu Shagari, a most detribalised Nigerian. May God bless you. GEJ.”
Aminu is a three-term House of Representatives member. His father Shagari, the first democratically elected president, had his administration toppled by Buhari after the 1983 military coup.
KanyiDaily recalls that Shehu Shagari’s eldest son, Alhaji Bala Shagari had clarified that his late father held no grudges against President Buhari for the 1983 coup.
- SEX ABUSE!! See What This Grown Up Lady Makes 4-Year-Old Boy Do To Her (18+ VIDEO)
- “One Left [email protected]”- See How a Married Woman Beat Up A Girl For Dating Her Husband Secretly (Video)
- “This is Total Madness”-Meet the Woman that Fell In Love With her Rug and She Married It
- I stabbed my husband to death, because he was trying to sleep with me, I did not know sex is marital duty I must do with my husband- 18 years old girl confessed
- I’m 35 years old, I discovered that my long time best friend was dating my wife- man cry out
- “I Want To Be With Him For The Rest Of My Life” – Mother dating her 19-year-old son says (video)
- “I Wasn’t Dating You, You Were The One Dating Me” – Lady Rejects Proposal From A Man After 7 Years.
- 110k Weekly For Someone Ready To Marry Me – Nigerians Guys Please Note
- Monalisa Reveals To Nigerian How to Enhance Their Massive Boobs To Make Them Bigger
- Lady Cries Out As She Narrated How Her Father’s Brother R*ped Her Constantly For Six Years