Oyo State Governor, Engineer Seyi Makinde has commiserated with victims of the flood-affected areas in the state and directed the execution of the State Drainage Master-plan under the Ibadan Urban Flood Management Project (IUFMP) within the next 18 months.
In a statement released on Wednesday by the Chief Press Secretary to the governor Mr. Taiwo Adisa, he gave the directive during a visit to Oke omi, Ikumapayi, Olodo and Onipepeye bridges around sawmill Ibadan to assess the flood affected areas. The Governor directed all the Local Government Chairmen in the area to start working on the affected bridges immediately and that victim of the Tuesday heavy rain flooding would be relocated to a new site.
He further declared that the ministry of environment should enumerate the properties affected by the flood at Olodo area with a view to relocate some of the affected residents.
The Governor blamed the flooding on the undersized bridges and lack of drainage in the areas and disclosed that there is a drainage master plan for Oyo State under the Ibadan Urban Flood Management Project (IUFMP) who have identified drainage challenges and already commenced dredging the river to put a properly sized bridge across.
Makinde assured that as soon as all the projects under the IUFMP are executed, there will be a respite from the flood in the subsequent rainy seasons. He further said that there will be appreciable improvements on the projects in the next 18 months.
While answering a question about palliative for the victims of the flood, the Governor stated that “Palliative is general. We are faced with a pandemic and we are also faced with the economic meltdown. So palliative is something that is continuous for all the people.”
- SEX ABUSE!! See What This Grown Up Lady Makes 4-Year-Old Boy Do To Her (18+ VIDEO)
- “One Left [email protected]”- See How a Married Woman Beat Up A Girl For Dating Her Husband Secretly (Video)
- “This is Total Madness”-Meet the Woman that Fell In Love With her Rug and She Married It
- I stabbed my husband to death, because he was trying to sleep with me, I did not know sex is marital duty I must do with my husband- 18 years old girl confessed
- I’m 35 years old, I discovered that my long time best friend was dating my wife- man cry out
- “I Want To Be With Him For The Rest Of My Life” – Mother dating her 19-year-old son says (video)
- “I Wasn’t Dating You, You Were The One Dating Me” – Lady Rejects Proposal From A Man After 7 Years.
- 110k Weekly For Someone Ready To Marry Me – Nigerians Guys Please Note
- Monalisa Reveals To Nigerian How to Enhance Their Massive Boobs To Make Them Bigger
- Lady Cries Out As She Narrated How Her Father’s Brother R*ped Her Constantly For Six Years