The government through the Ministry of Education has continued to express its willingness to have learners go back to school in the next few weeks. As a result, prior arrangements and planning have been going on for quite some time with learners expected to go back to school next month.
The government had closed schools back in March after the country reported its first COVID-19 and since then, students have been forced to spend more time at home with parents. The initial plan was to resume learning in January next year but the latest developments have forced the government to rethink its decision.
A decision on the exact date for reopening of schools is set to be made this week during the larger stakeholders meeting scheduled for Friday and will be chaired by CS Fred Matiangi and Mutahi Kagwe. In a bid to decipher the current conundrum in the education sector, Knut Secretary-General Mr. Wilson Sossion today had a live interview on the Hot 96 Breakfast show.
In his submissions today, Sosion delivered uncomfortable news to many parents who had been eager to find out if the government will be helping them in the facilitation of the school resumption. According to Sossion, the government has been key in controlling the spread of the virus, and thus it was time for parents to take responsibility and pay for their children’s expenses.
Sossion also delivered more uncomfortable news after clarifying that social distancing will not be adopted effectively in schools due to the lack of enough classes for students. He also admitted that the move was a risky one since a spike in the number of cases could yet prove detrimental.
This means parents will have to pay all the fees by themselves, buy sanitizers by themselves, and facilitate medical care for their children in case they get sick. Meanwhile, what are your thoughts on the matter as a parent or student?
- Just For Money; Man Video Himself Having S3x With A Tortoise For Money Ritual
- SHS Graduate Couple Chopping Love After Passing Wassce With Good Grades (Video)
- South African Teacher Caught Chopping Teen Student In Viral Video
- Viral Whatsapp Video Of Lady Sleeping And The Shocking Discovery Made By Her Male ‘Friend’
- HOOK UP: I Want A Man That Can Have #Intercourse With Me three Or 10 Instances, See My Contact
- Men Don’t Be Deceived, See What Some Ladies Wear Under Their Clothes
- “Trust No One”-I Noticed my Daughter Take Longer Time in Bathroom, See what I Caught Her Doing
- “One Left [email protected]”- See How a Married Woman Beat Up A Girl For Dating Her Husband Secretly (Video)
- Married Nigerian Man Collapse and nearly Died during Marathon Sex with a Calabar woman inside his hotel room (video)