The child’s mother, Anthonia Joseph explained that her mother (the baby’s grandmother) insisted on selling her son to a buyer in Imo State on the grounds that her husband had yet to fulfil his marital obligations.
Joseph disclosed that her mother took her to Imo State where she was delivered of the baby, adding that she connived with the midwives and nurses to sell the baby and threatened her not to tell anyone.
“I asked her why ? She said my husband had yet to pay the marital obligations, that if I don ’t accept it she was going to strangle me and the baby. The buyer came by 5 am, they took the baby and she (the alleged buyer) collected the baby and crossed to the other side of the road. I asked my mother why she did that; she said if I expose her that she was going to kill me,” she stated.
On how the baby was rescued, Anthonia’s husband Christian Duru, said the grandmother had lied to him on the telephone that his son was dead but that he suspected foul play when his wife did not speak in the presence of her mother.
“She was crying that she cannot say anything that she will call me later. Later my wife called me saying that her mother sold our baby boy. Today (Wednesday), the Divisional Crime Officer (DCO) of Trans Amadi Police Station called and told me that they have recovered the baby alive.” he said.
Speaking to journalists while being paraded, the grandmother said she did it because she was angry that the father of the baby did not pay any bride price on her daughter’s head before putting her in a family way.
She also alleged the baby’s father provided only N1000 for the hospital bills when her daughter was in labour.
She also said she was only trying to hide the news of the pregnancy from her family and father of the girl who would have blamed her for not bringing up their daughter properly, hence she was pushed into selling the baby to any one who would love and care for him.
She claimed that she received only N500, 000 for the baby out of which she gave the nurse, Pauline Umoh N100,000 for the treatment and she intended to give her daughter N50,000 to take care of herself.
The other suspect, Juliet Obianwa told reporters that she was told that the baby is from an Orphanage home and she was asked to pay One million naira to regularize the adoption processes, adding that she had been looking for a baby boy to adopt.
CP Joseph Mukan said efforts are on to arrest others involved in the crime.
- SEX ABUSE!! See What This Grown Up Lady Makes 4-Year-Old Boy Do To Her (18+ VIDEO)
- “One Left [email protected]”- See How a Married Woman Beat Up A Girl For Dating Her Husband Secretly (Video)
- “This is Total Madness”-Meet the Woman that Fell In Love With her Rug and She Married It
- I stabbed my husband to death, because he was trying to sleep with me, I did not know sex is marital duty I must do with my husband- 18 years old girl confessed
- I’m 35 years old, I discovered that my long time best friend was dating my wife- man cry out
- “I Want To Be With Him For The Rest Of My Life” – Mother dating her 19-year-old son says (video)
- “I Wasn’t Dating You, You Were The One Dating Me” – Lady Rejects Proposal From A Man After 7 Years.
- 110k Weekly For Someone Ready To Marry Me – Nigerians Guys Please Note
- Monalisa Reveals To Nigerian How to Enhance Their Massive Boobs To Make Them Bigger
- Lady Cries Out As She Narrated How Her Father’s Brother R*ped Her Constantly For Six Years