In its renewed onslaught against criminal elements in the State, the Akwa Ibom State Police Command, has gunned down two armed robbers in Ikot Ekpene.
The latest feat came less than a week after five car snatchers were shot dead in a gun duel with men of the state command of the Nigeria Police Force.
In a release made available to newsmen in Uyo on
Thursday night, the Police Public Relations Officer, SP. Odiko MacDon said the bandits met their Waterloo during an operation in Ifuho village, Ikot Ekpene Local Government Area,
“Today, 8th October, 2020, at about 1230hrs, in response to a distress call, Operatives of Ikot Ekpene Division, supervised by its DPO, SP Joshua Benjamin proceeded to Ifuho village in Ikot Ekpene Local Government Area, where some bandits were operating. On sighting the Police van, the hoodlums opened fire on the Operatives, leading to a gun duel.
“While some of the hoodlums escaped through a nearby bush with possible gun shot wounds, two were hit by bullets. They were taken to Police Clinic, Ikot Ekpene where they were confirmed dead.
Items recovered at the scene were ;- One locally made pistol., Two live cartridges, One expended cartridge.
One black Qlink motorcycle, GSM phones and some charms..
“Investigation revealed that, one of the hoodlums, identified with his alias as “Ebube” was one of the inmates who absconded after a jail break in Ikot Ekpene sometimes ago. He was fingered as the gang leader who have terrorized Ikot Ekpene, Essien Udim and environs
“In a follow-up operation, Operatives of the same Division arrested one Felix Nsikak of the same Ikot Inyang in connection with the robbery incident, five phones were recovered from him. While investigation has commenced to determine the level of his culpability, efforts are ongoing to arrest other fleeing members of the gang.”. the release stated
On his part, the Commissioner of Police, CP ANDREW AMIENGHEME, fdc, while thanking the people of Ikot Ekpene and all Akwa Ibomites for giving timely information to the Police, has reiterated the Command’s readiness to rid the State of criminal elements.
He warned those who do not want to eschew criminality and give the State a chance for the continued peace and development being enjoyed by the people to leave the State or be ready to face the consequences of their actions
In a related development, the Akwa Ibom State Police Command has debunked rumours flying on social media of a bank robbery in one of the banks at Udo Udoma, Uyo
The Command categorically informed members of the public that there was no bank robbery incident in any bank at Udo Udoma or any part of the State. “The Command wishes to warn mischief makers and peddlers of false information to desist forthwith or have the law to contend with”.
- SEX ABUSE!! See What This Grown Up Lady Makes 4-Year-Old Boy Do To Her (18+ VIDEO)
- “One Left [email protected]”- See How a Married Woman Beat Up A Girl For Dating Her Husband Secretly (Video)
- “This is Total Madness”-Meet the Woman that Fell In Love With her Rug and She Married It
- I stabbed my husband to death, because he was trying to sleep with me, I did not know sex is marital duty I must do with my husband- 18 years old girl confessed
- I’m 35 years old, I discovered that my long time best friend was dating my wife- man cry out
- “I Want To Be With Him For The Rest Of My Life” – Mother dating her 19-year-old son says (video)
- “I Wasn’t Dating You, You Were The One Dating Me” – Lady Rejects Proposal From A Man After 7 Years.
- 110k Weekly For Someone Ready To Marry Me – Nigerians Guys Please Note
- Monalisa Reveals To Nigerian How to Enhance Their Massive Boobs To Make Them Bigger
- Lady Cries Out As She Narrated How Her Father’s Brother R*ped Her Constantly For Six Years