Today's Headlines: Crisis Looms As Youths Burn Down Fulani Settlement, Trump Speaks On Twitter Ban | MadNaija Today's Headlines: Crisis Looms As Youths Burn Down Fulani Settlement, Trump Speaks On Twitter Ban | MadNaija
News

Today’s Headlines: Crisis Looms As Youths Burn Down Fulani Settlement, Trump Speaks On Twitter Ban

Crisis Looms As Villagers burn down Fulani settlement in Ogun over kidnapping 

A Fulani settlement at a village called Itin Sagamu, Ogun State, has been razed down by irate youths, following a case of kidnapping.

The Ogun State police command has confirmed the incident to newsmen.

Trade Your Gift Cards, Bitcoin & USDT at the Best Rate

TRADE NOW

DAILY POST gathered that some herdsmen said to be Fulani had abducted a woman, whom the police said was yet to be rescued as of Tuesday night.

Exasperated by the situation, some youths in Iraye, who said cases of kidnapping had been recurring in the area, stormed the Fulani settlement and set it on .

Trump Speaks On Twitter Ban

 Trump, a former US President has commended President Muhammadu Buhari for suspending microblogging platform, Twitter.

Trump in a statement he signed on Tuesday urged countries to ban Twitter and Facebook for not allowing free and open speech.

ALSO SEE:  “My Carpenter Entered My House While I Was Having My Bath, He Came Closer And This Happened” Lady

The Republican who was banned on Twitter and Facebook said, he wished he suspended Twitter when he was President, adding that the platform is evil.

“Congratulations to the people of Nigeria who just banned Twitter because banned their President.

Secession Agitations: Kalu Warns Against Repetition Of 1967 Genocide

The Senate Chief Whip and former governor of Abia State, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu, has called for restraints from the masterminds of the insecurity in the South East, warning that the repetition of the 1967 genocide won’ be tolerated.

Many operatives had been killed and election materials burnt in constant attacks on police stations, INEC facilities, courts and correctional facilities by gunmen, suspected to be IPOB militants across the southeastern states.

Igangan attack’ll never happen in Oyo again, says Makinde

ALSO SEE:  Please Come and marry us, We are Ready for Marriage but the Men are Not Coming Forward to Propose Marriage- Beautiful Nurses Cry Out

The Oyo State Governor,Seyi Makinde, on Tuesday appealed to the people of Igangan to cooperate with the government and security agencies to address the security challenge in the area.

The governor, who said this during his visit to the community to sympathise with the victims and to assess the level of destruction done in the town byattackers, begged the people not to take the law as into their own hands.

No fewer than 17 persons were killed in Igangan on Saturday by suspected herdsmen.

NIS reopens passport application portal

The Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) has announced the reopening of its passport application and payment portal.

This is contained in a statement by NIS spokesman Amos Okpu in Abuja on Tuesday.

The Comptroller-General of the service, Muhammad Babandede, said the portal became effective from 12 midnight on Tuesday.

ALSO SEE:  Dem Still Dey Chop Breakfast - Sugar Mummy Gives 20-Year-Old Boy Broken Heart Watch Video

Mr Babandede noted that the portal would allow eligible applicants to apply and make payments for the various categories of passports of their choice.

The passport portal was closed on May 17, following a directive by the Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola.

About the author

Madnaija

Leave a Reply