Today's Headlines: Uzodinma’s Convoy Came Under Attack In Imo State, Zamfara Youths Block Highway | MadNaija Today's Headlines: Uzodinma’s Convoy Came Under Attack In Imo State, Zamfara Youths Block Highway | MadNaija
News

Today’s Headlines: Uzodinma’s Convoy Came Under Attack In Imo State, Zamfara Youths Block Highway

Uzodinma’s Convoy ‘Came Under Attack’ In Imo

DOWNLOAD AUDIO

Governor Hope Uzodinma of Imo State on Sunday reportedly escaped death as his convoy came under heavy shooting by unknown gunmen.

Naija News understands that security operatives attached to the governor’s convoy engaged the unknown gunmen in a duel

.

 

As at the time of filing the report, it is unknown if any casualty was recorded from the attack that saw journalists scampering for safety as well.

Zamfara Youths Block Highway

Angry youths armed with weapons have staged a violent protest along the Gusau – Kaura Namoda Highway in Zamfara State.

Eyewitnesses told Channels Television that the protesters occupied the road very early on Monday over the incessant attacks by bandits in their communities.

One of the commuters who was trapped along the road explained that the youths blocked the highway along Kurya junction and began to destroy public vehicles travelling along the road.

Umahi Makes U-turn, Says Residents Can Stay At Home

The Governor of Ebonyi State, David Umahi, has made a U-turn over the sit-at-home order by the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu.

ALSO SEE:  The FBI is trying to get IP addresses and phone numbers of people who read a USA Today article : worldnews

Umahi charged the people of the state who wished to stay indoors on Monday (today) not to be afraid to do so, saying that they would not be penalised.

Recall that the Governor had earlier said anyone who fails to open their shops on Monday will be penalised and their stores will be forfeited.

Suspected gunmen kill man, flee with his car in Enugu

A yet-to-be Identified man has been killed by unknown gunmen who also made away with his Mercedes-Benz Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV) in Enugu State.

In a video which has gone viral on social media, the man whose identity could not be immediately ascertained, was shot in the chest and robbed of his SUV by men on mask.

The assailants, numbering three, double-crossed the man along Ebeano Tunnel, Enugu, dragged him out and drove his car away after killing him.

Police launch manhunt over latest Enugu killing

The police command in Enugu has announced launching a manhunt for unknown gunmen (UGM) who murdered a man on Sunday evening.

ALSO SEE:  Today's Headlines: Gunmen Kidnap Residents In Kaduna, Ngige Speaks About South-East

Commissioner of Police in the state, Mohammed Aliyu, said, in a statement by the command’s spokesman Daniel Ndukwe, that the killing happened around 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.

Mr Ndukwe added that the gunmen accosted their victim at the popular Ebeano Tunnel Roundabout off Garden Avenue in Enugu, shot him, and made away with the Mercedes Benz SUV he was driving.

Bandits Demand N50m Ransom To Release Abductees

Bandit group responsible for the abduction of people in Batatti in Lavun local government area of Niger state have demanded N50million ransom to secure their release.

This is coming after the Chairman of Niger State Council of Traditional Rulers and the Etsu Nupe, Yahaya Abubakar, called for an emergency meeting of districts and village heads following the abduction of five persons from Batatti.

It was gathered that the bandits requested N50 million as ransom after carting away valuables including laptops and handsets.

JAMB approves extension for candidates with genuine proof

ALSO SEE:  Video Of A Foreign Diplomat Urinating In The Middle Of The Road In Nigeria Causes Stir On Social Media

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) says there will be no general extension of the registration closing date for the 2021 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and the Direct Entry (DE), explaining that only those with genuine proof will be granted an extension.

The board’s decision was contained in its Weekly Bulletin.

JAMB had shifted the closing date from May 15 to May 29 but observed complaints of candidates’ inability to register.

About the author

Madnaija

Leave a Reply